Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Hey, Bob... Be my uncle, already!

I write poems and generally do an ordinary job of coming up with titles.
In Australia, "ordinary" means "incredibly bad".

Suddenly, I find myself inspired; I have a list of titles that are not bad.
In Australia, "not bad" means "excellent".

Now, all I have to do is write a slew of poems, hang them on these titles, and Bob's your uncle.
In Australia, "Bob's your uncle" means "you're all set".


...

(drums fingers)

Bloody Bob. Late again.
In Australia, "late again" means "late again".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe

Nichola said...

I have an Uncle Bob. Do you know him?

ohdawno said...

My Dad is named Bob. Are we related?

Annie said...

My spouse is a Brit, now living in America. When she first came over, she almost called police on a woman who threatened her child with "I'm going to spank your fanny!"

It took me a minute to figure out why she had such an over the top reaction. Of course, fanny means arse to us Yanks. I learned that's *quite* a different meaning than in England.